The Camden County Library District is happy to announce the return of their annual short story writing contest!
Below you will find the submission requirements for submitting your short story.
- Submissions will be accepted from December 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021.
- Only one (1) story per writer may be submitted.
- Your work must be in English, original, and previously unpublished (including on the Internet) and not scheduled for publication before December 31, 2021.
- A story that is unpublished but has won a monetary award in any other contest is ineligible.
- Please keep your story content appropriate for all readers.
- All genres are acceptable: literary, mystery, crime, science fiction, fantasy, horror, mixed-genre, and experimental.
- Entries will be judged in three age groups:
- Children (Ages 6-11)
- Teens (Ages 12-18)
- Adult (19+)
- One prize per age group will be awarded.
- CCLD Staff members and immediate family may participate in the contest but are ineligible for any prizes.
- Participants must be eligible for a Camden County Library District library card.
- Your story should be no longer than 1,500 words, or 3 pages single-spaced, or 6 pages double-spaced.
- First Page: The title page with story title only. (This does not count toward your overall total).
- Font: Arial
- Font size: 12
- Every page should have a header with the story’s title and the page number.
- Last Page: The title of the story and your contact information. Please include your name, mailing address, phone number, age, and email address (if you have one). (Again this does not count toward your overall total.)
- Please note that entries not in compliance with any of the above will be disqualified.
How to Enter Your Submission:
- You may mail your submission to: CCLD Short Story Contest, Attn: Coli Creach, PO Box 1320, Camdenton, MO 65020
- In-person to any one of our branches.
- Or via email to Coli at firstname.lastname@example.org