Q: Where can you find books, audiobooks, video games, DVDs, and more for free?
A: Your local library!
Each September, libraries nationwide, along with the American Library Association, encourage community members to visit their local library and get a library card if they don’t already have one. The benefits and rewards reaped from being a library cardholder are priceless! Not only do you save money, but you help further your child’s academic achievements and foster a life-long love affair with books and learning.
While our events and programs are limited at this time, the Library still offers a variety of useful and entertaining resources to our patrons.
- Streaming content: ebooks, movies, music, magazines, audiobooks, & newspapers.
- Online learning: auto repair, computer skills, genealogy, practice tests (SAT, HiSET, LSAT, and more), newspapers, resume builders, and more.
- Access to our online card catalog featuring books, audiobooks, DVDs, video games, and more.
- Access to technology (computers, printers, scanning, WIFI, etc.)
- Assistance from our friendly library staff to answer questions and help you find the resources you are seeking.
5 Ways To Celebrate National Library Card Sign-Up Month (optional)
- Get a library card.
- Visit any of our six locations (Camdenton, Climax Springs, Macks Creek, Osage Beach, Stoutland, or Sunrise Beach)
- Take a picture of yourself and your library card and use #GotCardedAtCCLD on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn to show off your new library card.
- Show your library love at home.
Print out one of these signs to display at your home.
- Play Library Card Sign-Up Month Bingo
- Get a really cool tote bag* to carry all of your adventures home!
- Starting in September, anyone who renews an existing library card will receive a tote bag*, too!
* One per new cardholder or patron renewal