Are you needing assistance and live in Camden County, Missouri?  The following links contain organization names and contact numbers that are offering support and resources in Camden County.  We have also included links that a person might need at state level, too.  We have added job resources, not only for Camden County, but also those might help with employment out-of-state. 

Need more information?  Reach out to us at

Please be advised that we are not affiliated with the following resources in any way.  Our aim as a library district is to provide our community and our patrons with information that is timely and relevant.

Camden County Community Resources

Resources include numbers and addresses for those who need help with Missouri Health and Senior Services, Kids Harbor, Family Resource Center, National Down Syndrome Society, Missouri Assistive Technology, Colleges, and Schools.

Helping Hands for Hire Resources

Registry of Helpers for Hire is intended for those persons who are unable to perform various services in and around the home. Such services may include but are not limited to, house cleaning, errands, transportation, minor home repairs, meal preparation, yard work, grocery shopping, home improvements, personal grooming, and any other services as needed.

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.

Visit them at or call them at 800-662-HELP (4357)

Career Resources for Missouri and Camden County

Job/Career Resources

Employment Opportunities

The following list is a selection of employment websites that can help you find a job or start a new career.  

Career Resources

Resume, Interview, and Learning Resources

Are you needing to brush up on your computer skills? Do you need to update your resume or cover letter? Or, maybe you need some help with your interview skills.  Check out these following resources to polish, refine, and update your skills.

Missouri State Resources

The Missouri Department of Social Services is responsible for coordinating programs to provide:

While many programs give needed financial assistance and services, other units work toward reducing financial dependency of the citizens on government assistance.

The Department of Social Services also has teams dedicated to:

The Department of Health and Senior Services serves the citizens of Missouri by working to improve the health and quality of life for Missourians of all ages. Many factors influence health status:

  •  individual genetics and behaviors
  •  social environment
  •  physical environment
  •  policies and interventions
  •  access to quality care and services

By providing information and education; effective regulation and oversight; quality services and surveillance of diseases and conditions, the department seeks to address these factors and fulfill its vision of healthy Missourians for life.

Missouri protects its most vulnerable citizens by inspecting nursing homes and child care facilities, investigating and intervening in cases of adult abuse, neglect and financial exploitation, and providing programs and services to seniors and adults with disabilities.

LIHEAP helps low income households meet their immediate energy needs. It can mainly help those who spend a large amount of their household income on energy bills. Eligibility requirements for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) are based on income, household size, available resources and responsibility for payment of home energy costs.

To qualify for LIHEAP assistance, you must meet each of these requirements:

  • Be responsible for paying home heating and cooling costs
  • Be a United States citizen or have been legally admitted for permanent residence
  • Have $3,000 or less in bank accounts, retirement accounts, or investments
  • Meet specific income guidelines that vary according to household size and fuel type

For more information about requirements, you should contact a caseworker with the Contracted Agency that provides services for your area.