"The purpose of yoga is to create strength, awareness, and harmony in both the mind and the body." ~ Natalie Nevins, DO
While there are many different forms of yoga, they have the following in common:
- Breathing exercises
- and assuming poses that stretch and flex various muscles
"Yoga is great for staying healthy." ~ Dr. Nevins
In practicing yoga, your body will gain many physical benefits. Relaxation techniques taught in yoga can help lessen chronic pain, such as headaches and lower back pain.
Other benefits include:
- increased flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- help balance metabolism
- help with cardiac and circulatory health
Aside from physical benefits, there are mental benefits, too. By practicing yoga on a regular basis, it helps create mental clarity, promotes calm, relieve chronic stress, centers attention, and increases concentration.
Join us at the Osage Beach Library on at the following times for these yoga classes:
- Beginner's Yoga -- Tuesdays at 1 p.m. (Classes Start October 2nd)
- Tai Chi with Julie -- Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. (Classes Start October 3rd)
- Chair Yoga Saturdays -- Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. (Classes Start October 6th)
Beginners Yoga and Tai Chi with Julie Classes are held as six (6) week sessions, pre-registration is required for the class of your choice, and is limited to the first five (5) who sign-up.
Pre-registration is required for Chair Yoga on Saturdays and the class is limited to the first five (5) to sign-up.
Click here for more on The Benefits of Yoga by Dr. Natalie Nevins