The Camden County Library District is holding a Holiday Short Story Writing Contest this fall. This contest is open to ages 6-Adult and will be judged in the following categories: Ages 6-11, Ages 12-17, and 18-up. Please read the following submission guidelines for your stories; as well as, the deadline and how to get your story to us. Don't forget to include your submission form!
Official Entry Form
- Ages 6-Adult are eligible to enter.
- Entries must be typed using 12-point font, single spaced, and no longer than 600 words or one (1) page. Please put the title of your story at the top.
- While the CCLD does not want to limit our patrons creativity, please be aware that stories should be family-friendly. Sumbmissions must contain approriate language, no violence or abuse, and must be free of stereotyping based on age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and/or mental/physical disabilities.
- DO NOT put your name on your entry. Please fill out the Short Story Submission Form and attach it to your story. This will allow your entry to be judged equally with other entries.
- Turn your story into any one of our six (6) branches or send your submission to CCLD Short Story, PO Box 1320 Camdenton, MO 65020.
- Entries will be judged in the following catergories: Ages 6-11, Ages 12-17, Ages 18-up. A winner from each age group will be chosen and have their story published in the March-May 2018 issue of Between the Pages. All other entries, along with the winning stories, will be compiled and published in a book available at your local library.
- The deadline for turning your submission in is Wednesday, January 31st by 8 p.m.
To pick-up a submission form you may come into the library, use the one included in the September-November 2017 issue of Between the Pages, or print one off here.