Who may apply for a library card?
- Residents who live in Camden County.
- Non-residents who pay property taxes within the county.
- Residents of counties adjoining Camden County, i.e. Benton, Hickory, Dallas, Laclede, Pulaski, Miller, and Morgan Counties.
- Temporary summer residents with a motel/hotel, general delivery address, or are living with relatives may purchase a one (1) year library card for $30, have unlimited computer privileges, and check out up to three (3) books at one time.
- Individuals who reside at homeless shelters or safe houses may have a free temporary card with access to our public access computers and are allowed to checkout three (3) books at a time. After three (3) months they may purchase either a temporary card or have the qualifications for a permanent card.
Library cards are issued at the time the application is made aat any of the library district's branches or at the headquarters library. Application must include complete, accurate, and current mailing address, phone number (if applicant has a phone), as well as date of birth. If the driver's license does not match the addres given, the individual then needs to provide proof of mailing address, i.e. utility bill with the address given. The library card is to be kept by the patron who assumes responsibility for it and presents it at the desk when material(s) are being checked out.
Patrons may check out three (3) items at the time the application is made for the card. On subsequent visits up to ten (10) items may be checked out. If other family members of the same household have library cards in good standing, patrons may check out up to ten (10) items when getting a card.
A parent or guardian's signature is required on library card applications for library users ages 5 through 13. The parent or guardian then assumes responsibility for any library material(s) lost or damaged by that individual. Library users 14 or older, who apply for a library card, assume such responsibility on their own signature. The cost to replace a lost, stolen, or damaged card is $.50.