Due to the continued increase of COVID-19 cases in Camden County, we at the Camden County Library District have taken a proactive measure to protect our patrons, guests, and staff. Beginning August 1, 2020, we will require all persons entering our buildings, and are over the age of 10, to wear a mask. The only exception to this is if you have a medical condition that makes wearing a mask impossible. With this addition, we have had to make some further adjustments.
First, we are limiting visits to 20 minutes; unless, you are using a computer or are using one of our tables for a business meeting. Second, gaming is suspended until further notice. Finally, we ask that you continue to use our sanitizer stations when entering the buildings.
We are asking patrons and guests not to visit the library if they are sick. We ask that you observe this as it will be necessary for us to close a branch for up to 14 days if a staff member becomes sick with COVID-19. If you display symptoms of COVID-19, we reserve the right to ask you to leave until you are feeling better.
Thank you for your understanding.
The decision for these requirements comes at the recommendation from the Harvard Global Health Institute for our county. https://globalepidemics.org/key-metrics-for-covid-suppression/
Requirements for After-School Library Visits
While parents wonder what the upcoming school year will bring we want to prepare parents for what a visit to the library after-school will look like and what is required of our young visitors.
We hope that all students and teachers have a safe and happy school year! Like everywhere else, visits to the library are different. In previous years the number of teens and children hanging out with us after school has grown. The following is a resource for both parents and child to follow while visiting our facilities. We are happy to have the students back, but we do have some restrictions to safeguard them, our staff, and our patrons.
- All students under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied by a guardian.
- Current capacity based on CDC guidelines and load factors for our buildings is as follows: Camdenton (30); Climax Springs (5); Macks Creek (5); Osage Beach (20); Stoutland (5); and Sunrise Beach (8).
- All patrons, including students, are asked to keep their visits inside to a maximum of 20 minutes. They are welcome to use our outside facilities, though we won't be able to monitor their actions at all times.
- Those who are studying or being tutored are exempt from the 20-minute stay. Seating is limited and we ask that you sit 2 people per table; unless you are working a group project.
- Due to physical distancing requirements, there are a limited number of computers available for use. Gaming is not allowed at this time. Computers are available for educational and business purposes only. Students are welcome to connect to our WiFi network with their own devices
- All patrons 10 years old and older are required to wear a mask over their mouth and nose and maintain a six-foot distance from others while in the building. If a patron is unwilling to do so, we will ask them to leave.
- Currently, there is no in-person programming offered during the day or after school.
- We are quarantining all items upon their return for 120 hours or 5 days for everyone's protection. We ask that you not visit or return materials to the library if you are experiencing symptoms or are waiting for test results. We will be happy to renew any items checked out on your account.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any concerns, please reach out to library, and we will be glad to assist.