The Camden County Library District is holding a Holiday Short Story Writing Contest and is open to ages 6-Adult and will be judged in the following categories: Ages 6-11, Ages 12-17, and 18-up. Please read the following submission guidelines for your stories; as well as, the deadline and how to get your story to us. Don't forget to include your submission form!
Official Entry Form
- Ages 6-Adult are eligible to enter.
- Entries must be typed using 12-point font, single spaced, and no longer two pages. Please put the title of your story at the top.
- While the CCLD does not want to limit our patrons creativity, please be aware that stories should be family-friendly. Submissions must not have inappropriate language, violence or abuse, or stereotyping based on age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and/or mental/physical disabilities.
- DO NOT put your name on your entry. Please fill out the Short Story Submission Form and attach it to your story. This will allow your entry to be judged equally with other entries.
- Turn your submission in to your favorite library branch.
- Entries will be judged in the following categories: Ages 6-11, Ages 12-17, Ages 18-up
- Each branch will vote for their top three favorite stories. Once the winners have been chosen at the branch level they will be eligible to win at a district level. The winners at the district level will be chosen by patrons and staff.
- Instructions for voting at district level will be announced soon.
- Prizes will be awarded at both the branch and district level.